The veteran car racer spent four months toiling away in a lockable refit shed and revamped a run down old Riviera M400 cruiser.
Ingall says “the aim was to look at how to do something a bit different and get a better result”.
The project has now lead to the vessel being completely personalised and customised from the inside out.
The vessel was purchased while touring with the V8 Supercars in April at a ridiculous offer, it was a run down and abused 2007 model Riviera. After some painting and reconfiguration it has been made to look and run like a New Boat.
“It has got everything a boat owner could want – it’s economical, quiet and has tons of grunt’ Russell says.
Repower Riviera M400 Hardtop with Mercruiser Diesel TDI 370HP BRAVO III
* Pre start engineering meeting to discuss removal procedure, new foot prints for engines, fuel system changes from Petrol to Diesel, Relocation of water intakes and best use of existing pick ups, location of Fuel filters and engine coms boxs, dash layout & electronics advice
* Advice on Engine room laylout and maintenance whilst engines out, Bilge pump system, Gen set, Hot water & air conditioning
* Removal Bravo drive units
* Removal Mercruiser Petrol Engines
* Removal Transom assembles
* Install New Bravo Seacore Transom assemblies
* Supply Engine Jig for exact location of new engine bearers with pre taped mounting bolts
* Fit Hydraulic steering & Joystick components to transom
* Fit Engines
* Fit Water intakes, fuel filters, fuel lines, Coms boxes
* Fit Vessel view 7 Display monitor https://embed.widencdn.net/pdf/plus/mercurymarine/oaegkg3fgd/03770-Mercury-Marine-VesselView7_Brochure_FA.pdf?u=6xwjr4
* Fit DTS (Digital throttle & Shift) and Joy Stick Control
* Commission engines
* Water test & Joy stick calibration
* WOT 34KNTS @ 4150rpm using 158 LPH both engines.
* Cruised 25KNTS @3200rpm using 100 LPH Both engines
A job well done by all involved; Boat Service Gold Coast Team, Alan Attneave, Mark Heidrich & Michael Waugh